I study the accumulation and distribution of global wealth, from both a public finance and international macro perspective. Recent work includes:
- NEW: Tax Evasion on Offshore Profits and Wealth, prepared for the Journal of Economic Perspectives
- NEW: The Distribution of US Wealth, Capital Income and Returns Since 1913 (with Emmanuel Saez), preliminary slides
- NEW: Wealth and Inheritance in the Long Run (with Thomas Piketty), forthcoming, Handbook of Income Distribution, vol. 2.
- BOOK: La Richesse cachée des nations. Enquête sur les paradis fiscaux. Le Seuil / République des Idées, November 2013, English translation forthcoming University of Chicago Press.
- FINALIZED: Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries, 1700-2010 (with Thomas Piketty), forthcoming, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2014.
- The End of Bank Secrecy? An Evaluation of the G20 Tax Haven Crackdown (with Niels Johannesen), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, February 2014.
- The Missing Wealth of Nations, Are Europe and the U.S. net Debtors or net Creditors?, Quarterly Journal of Economics, August 2013.