Department of Economics
530 Evans Hall #3880
Berkeley, CA 94720
- Econ 133: Global Inequality and Growth, Spring 2017
- Econ 230B: Graduate Public Economics, Spring 2017
- Econ 231: Public Economics Seminar and Lunch, Spring 2017
- WEBSITE: World Wealth and Income Database (with Facundo Alvaredo, Tony Atkinson, Thomas Piketty, and Emmanuel Saez).
- BOOK: The Hidden Wealth of Nations, University of Chicago Press, September 2015.
- NEW: Distributional National Accounts: Methods and Estimates for the United States (with Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez), NBER working paper, December 2016 [Appendix & data webpage].
- NEW: Capital Accumulation, Private Property and Rising Inequality in China, 1978-2015 (with Thomas Piketty and Li Yang), preliminary draft, December 2016
- Wealth Inequality in the United States since 1913: Evidence from Capitalized Income Tax Data (with Emmanuel Saez), Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2016, 131(2): 519-578 [Appendix & data webpage].
- Taxing Across Borders: Tracking Personal Wealth and Corporate Profits, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2014, 28(4): 121-148. [Appendix]. [Data].
- Wealth and Inheritance in the Long Run (with Thomas Piketty), Handbook of Income Distribution, vol. 2, 2015. [Data].
- Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries, 1700-2010 (with Thomas Piketty), Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2014, 129(3): 1255-1310. [Appendix & data webpage].
- The End of Bank Secrecy? An Evaluation of the G20 Tax Haven Crackdown (with Niels Johannesen), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 2014, 6(1): 65-91. [Appendix]. [Data].
- The Missing Wealth of Nations, Are Europe and the U.S. net Debtors or net Creditors?, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2013, 128(3): 1321-1364. [Appendix]. [Data].