London School of Economics
London WC2A 2AE
+44 (0)20 7955 6694
I study the accumulation and distribution of global wealth, from a public finance, historical, and international macro perspective.
- NEW: Wealth Inequality in the United States since 1913: Evidence from Capitalized Income Tax Data (with Emmanuel Saez), NBER working paper, October 2014, revise & resubmit, Quarterly Journal of Economics. [Main Data]. [Website with Appendix Data].
- FINAL: Taxing Across Borders: Tracking Personal Wealth and Corporate Profits, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2014, 28(4): 121-148. [Appendix]. [Data].
- BOOK: The Hidden Wealth of Nations, forthcoming University of Chicago Press, Fall 2015.
- Wealth and Inheritance in the Long Run (with Thomas Piketty), Handbook of Income Distribution, vol. 2, 2015. [Data].
- Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries, 1700-2010 (with Thomas Piketty), Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2014, 129(3): 1255-1310. [Website with Appendix & Data].
- The End of Bank Secrecy? An Evaluation of the G20 Tax Haven Crackdown (with Niels Johannesen), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 2014, 6(1): 65-91. [Appendix]. [Data].
- The Missing Wealth of Nations, Are Europe and the U.S. net Debtors or net Creditors?, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2013, 128(3): 1321-1364. [Appendix]. [Data].